Navy Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Program: Background and Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Navy Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Program: Background and Issues for Congress
Author: O'Rourke, RonaldCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Naval Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2011-04-19
- Content Description: This report provides background information and issues for Congress on the Aegis ballistic missile defense (BMD) program, including whether to approve, reject, or modify MDA and Navy funding requests for the program, and whether to provide MDA or the Navy with additional direction concerning the program. Congress's decisions regarding the Aegis BMD program could substantially affect U.S. BMD capabilities and funding requirements, U.S. Navy ship force levels and operating patterns, and the defense industrial base.
- Physical Description: 77 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weapons systems
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Cruisers
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Warships
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Destroyers
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense economics
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Navy -- U.S.
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33745
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33745_2011Apr19
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc98082