Armed Conflict in Syria: U.S. and International Response Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Armed Conflict in Syria: U.S. and International Response
Author: Sharp, Jeremy M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs
Author: Blanchard, Christopher M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2012-07-19
- Content Description: This report looks at the recent conflict in Syria, particularly casualty estimates and an assessment of possible future scenarios. A large part of the report looks at U.S. policy towards Syria, including how Congress will handle humanitarian dilemmas, security of Syrian Weapons of Mass Destruction, and how the country is open to opportunities for terrorism recruitment. It also looks at key developments that have occurred during the conflict, including supports of the Asad government, political dynamics, and minority communities. The report ends with a look at the Syrian economy and current/possible sanctions.
- Physical Description: 50 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- U.S. -- Syria
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- Syria -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government -- Syria
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International affairs
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Terrorism
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: Syria
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33487
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33487_2012Jul19
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc98067