Newsmap. Monday, April 5, 1943 : week of March 26 to April 2, 186th week of the war, 68th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, April 5, 1943 : week of March 26 to April 2, 186th week of the war, 68th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 1, no. 50
- Added Title British Aircraft
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Special Service Division, Army Service Forces
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. War Education BranchContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy Distributor
Distributor: [United States.] AAF. HQ. Air Adjutant General. Publications DivisionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Army Air Forces Distributor
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation CoursePlace of Publication: [Washington, D.C.]
- Creation: 1943-04-05
- Digitized: 2006-04-25
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Tunisia, Russia, Southwest Pacific, Air offensive, Aleutians. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset map shows Tunisia. Includes photographs: troops receiving daily news summaries, bombers in flight, M-10 tank destroyers, and a German Mark VI. Back: British Aircraft. 19 aircraft are identified by sketch or photograph. Text provides description of each.
- Physical Description: 2 maps on 1 sheet : col. and b&w ; 61 x 88 cm., 28 x 43 cm. on sheet 89 x 120 cm. ; scales vary ; Van der Grinten projection.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Airplanes, Military.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Airplanes -- Recognition.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Airplanes -- Great Britain.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Tunisia -- History -- Maps.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Southwest Pacific
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: England
- Start Date: 1943-03-26
- End Date: 1943-04-02
- Place Name: Africa
- Place Name: Australia/Oceania
- Place Name: Central America and Caribbean
- Place Name: Central Asia
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Middle East
- Place Name: North America
- Place Name: South America
- Place Name: South Asia
- Place Name: Tunisia
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: New Guinea Island
- Place Name: United States - Alaska - Aleutians West National Division - Aleutian Islands Island Group
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 47245972
- Government Documents No.: W 109.107:1/50
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc979
- Display Note: "Volume 1, No. 50" "For the Armed Forces" "U.S. Government Printing Office: 1943 - 469049" Listed in 1943 Monthly Catalog, p. 664.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K