Region aware DCT domain invisible robust blind watermarking for color images. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Region aware DCT domain invisible robust blind watermarking for color images.
Author: Naraharisetti, SahasanCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Mohanty, Saraju P.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Chair: Kougianos, EliasContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Co-Major Professor
Committee Member: Varanasi, Murali R.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2008-12
- Digitized: 2009-08-31
- Content Description: The multimedia revolution has made a strong impact on our society. The explosive growth of the Internet, the access to this digital information generates new opportunities and challenges. The ease of editing and duplication in digital domain created the concern of copyright protection for content providers. Various schemes to embed secondary data in the digital media are investigated to preserve copyright and to discourage unauthorized duplication: where digital watermarking is a viable solution. This thesis proposes a novel invisible watermarking scheme: a discrete cosine transform (DCT) domain based watermark embedding and blind extraction algorithm for copyright protection of the color images. Testing of the proposed watermarking scheme's robustness and security via different benchmarks proves its resilience to digital attacks. The detectors response, PSNR and RMSE results show that our algorithm has a better security performance than most of the existing algorithms.
- Keyword: Digital watermarking
- Keyword: RMSE
- Keyword: PSNB
- Keyword: invisible robust blind
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Digital watermarking.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Information technology -- Security measures.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Data protection.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Naraharisetti, Sahasan
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 438221502
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc9748
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Computer Engineering
- Academic Department: Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas