Charles Ives and a Stylistic Analysis of his Three Piano Sonatas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Charles Ives and a Stylistic Analysis of his Three Piano Sonatas
Author: Harer, Carolyn BerthaCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Hewitt, Helen, 1900-1977Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Dorn, Gerhardt George, 1911-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State CollegePlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1955
- Content Description: This thesis has been written with several goals in mind. The first purpose has been to inform the reader about the life of Charles Ives and the influences he experienced that gave him the impetus to experiment and write music of a nature thirty years ahead of its time, while the rest of the world was basking in the waning light of Romanticism. The second purpose has been to describe in a short space general characteristics that may be found throughout the entire musical output of Ives. The third purpose has been to analyze in greater detail the major portion of his contributions to piano literature, the three piano sonatas, so that the student may better understand the complexities which will face him in performance of these compositions. Perhaps the strongest motivation for the present study has been the hope that it might induce more students to be explorers themselves and become familiar with this music of Ives.
- Physical Description: viii, 83 leaves : music
- Keyword: piano sonata
- Keyword: analysis
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Ives, Charles, 1874-1954. Sonatas, piano.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Harer, Carolyn Bertha
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: MT145.I9 H3
- Accession or Local Control No: n_02396
- UNT Catalog No.: b1106576
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc97073
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State College
- Degree Name: Master of Music
- Academic Department: School of Music
- Degree Discipline: Music