[Downbeat Award Ceremony] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Downbeat Award Ceremony]
- Series Title Capitol Records Recording Sessions (1940's)
- Creation: 1951-02-21
- Digitized: 2009-05-29
- Content Description: Photograph of the Progressive Jazz Orchestra at Downbeat Award ceremony. June Christy (with husband Bob Cooper) is presented the Downbeat Award by the magazine's West Coast editor Charles Emge. Center photos: Mexican singer Paco who also performed on this live KLAC telecast at the Hollywood Palladium.
- Physical Description: 11 photographs : b&w ; on sheet 8 x 10 in.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Jazz musicians -- United States -- Photographs.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Christy, June, 1925-1990 -- Photographs.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cooper, Bob, 1925-1993 -- Photographs.
- Named Person: Christy, June, 1925-1990
- Named Person: Cooper, Bob, 1925-1993
- Named Person: Emge, Charles
- Named Person: Paco
- Keyword: Progressive Jazz Orchestra
- Keyword: Downbeat Award
- Keyword: Hollywood Palladium
- Keyword: Capitol Records
- Keyword: recording sessions
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - California - Los Angeles County - Hollywood
- Coverage Date: 1951-02-21
Name: Stan Kenton CollectionCode: STKT
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Accession or Local Control No: sk_0002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc9702
- Display Note: Photograph consists of a proof sheet with 11 images numbers 109-A through 109-K.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Expression 10000XL