The Antibiotic Properties of the Oleoresins of Twenty-Five Common Garden Vegetables Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Antibiotic Properties of the Oleoresins of Twenty-Five Common Garden Vegetables
Author: Ennis, Arthur F.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: McBryde, James B.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Jarboe, Everett E.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State CollegePlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1951
- Content Description: The purpose of this problem is to determine the presence and extent of antibiotic materials as found in the oleoresins of a selected group of garden vegetables. The problem has consisted of, first, the collection and preparation of specimens of twenty-five commonly used garden vegetables; second, the extraction of the oleoresins from these; third, the determination of the inhibitory and other effects of these oleoresins against several strains of selected gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria; and fourth, the evaluation of the potentialities of these oleoresins with regard to their future use as medicinal prophylactics and therapeutics.
- Physical Description: iv, 30 leaves
- Keyword: vegetables
- Keyword: oleoresin
- Keyword: antibiotic
- Keyword: bacteria
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Oleoresins.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Antibacterial agents.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Vegetables -- Microbiology.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Ennis, Arthur F.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.1928
- Accession or Local Control No: n_01928
- UNT Catalog No.: b2478654
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc96958
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State College
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Academic Department: Department of Biology
- Degree Discipline: Biology