Holocaust-Era Insurance Claims: Background and Proposed Legislation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Holocaust-Era Insurance Claims: Background and Proposed Legislation
Author: Belkin, PaulCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in European Affairs
Author: Ruane, Kathleen AnnCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Author: Webel, BairdCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Financial Economics
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2011-07-13
- Content Description: This report aims to inform consideration of H.R. 890 and S. 466 and possible alternatives by providing: background on Holocaust-era compensation and restitution issues; an overview of the International Commission on Holocaust Era Insurance Claims (ICHEIC), including criticism and support of its claims process and Administration policy on ICHEIC; and an overview of litigation on Holocaust-era insurance claims and the proposed legislation.
- Physical Description: 23 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: History
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: World War II
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Jewish holocaust (1939-1945)
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Insurance
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945.
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL34348
- Accession or Local Control No: RL34348_2011Jul13
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc96801