Heat treating and inspection of metals Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Heat treating and inspection of metals
- Added Title War Department technical manual; TM 1-423
- Series Title War Department technical manual
- Alternate Title Technical manual, heat treating and inspection of metals
Author: United States. War Department.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: U.S. Government Printing Office
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1941-09-10
- Content Description: This report discusses these topics: I. Principles of heat treating -- II. Heat-treating equipment -- III. General heat treatment of steel -- IV. Specific heat treatments for aircraft steels -- V. General heat treatment of aluminum alloys -- VII. Hardness testing -- VIII. Magnaflux inspection.
- Physical Description: 57 p: ill., diagrs., tables. Enclosed at end: Change 1 (4 pages)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Airplanes, Military -- Metals.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Metals -- Heat treatment -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Keyword: furnaces
- Keyword: carbon steel
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: nickel steel.
- Keyword: alloy
- Keyword: magnaflux
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- SuDoc Number: W 1.35:1-423
- UNT Catalog No.: b2445140
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc96657
- Display Note: Caption title. Accompanied by update pamphlet: Changes no. 1 (Mar. 10, 1942). "September 10, 1941." Listed in 1941 Monthly catalog, p. 1537.