Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Lathes
- Added Title War Department technical manual; TM 1-420
- Series Title War Department technical manual
- Alternate Title Technical manual, lathes
Author: United States. Army. Air CorpsCreator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington, D.C.
- Creation: 1940-11-29
- Content Description: A guide to the operation and maintenance of lathes for general shop work.
- Physical Description: 94 p: ill, .17 cm. Enclosed at end: Change 1 (3 pages) Contents: I. Nomenclature and maintenance -- II. Cutting tools, speeds, and lubricants -- III. Application of measuring instruments -- IV. Holding work -- V. General lathe operations -- VI. Drilling, reaming, and boring -- VII. Threads and threading -- VIII. Types of fits -- IX. Gear blank calculations
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lathes -- Handbooks, manuals,
- Keyword: Air corps
- Keyword: cutting tools
- Keyword: threading
- Keyword: drilling
- Keyword: measuring instruments
- Item is not a Primary Source
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- SuDoc Number: W 1.35:1-420
- UNT Catalog No.: b2445143
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc96655
- Display Note: "November 29, 1940." Accompanied by update pamphlet: Changes no. 1 (Mar. 10, 1942).