Military police in towns and cities Page: 54
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
upon which is plotted appropriate data. Information should
(1) The traffic circulation plan.
(2) Scheduled movements.
(3) Road and bridge data, including types of roads,
routes, detours, critical points, bottle-necks, flooded areas,
distances and height, width, and weight limitations of
(4) Bivouac information, covering all established biv-
ouac sites and possible emergency sites with accommoda-
tions and supplies obtainable at these sites.
(5) Communications data, covering methods of com-
munication available at any point.
(6) A list containing addresses and telephone numbers
of all agencies, military and civil, which are concerned with
the movement of military vehicles.
(7) Locations of nearby military installations and or-
(8) Road maps, strip maps, and routes through con-
55. MILITARY POLICE IN RAILROAD STATION.
a. Duties. Military police may be detailed for duty at
railroad and bus terminals and stations, air terminals, and
at boat landings. Their duties include:
(1) Furnishing information.
(2) Controlling movements of members of the armed
forces. This is accomplished by checking passes, furloughs,
leave orders, and travel orders.
(3) Controlling movements of civilians. Under certain
conditions in theaters of operations, the provost marshal
may be made responsible for the control of circulation of
civilians subject to military law. This duty is usually as-
signed to the provost marshal in the absence of a civil affairs
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
United States. War Department. Military police in towns and cities, book, January 1945; Washington D.C.. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc96651/m1/60/: accessed June 25, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.