Newsmap. Monday, August 9, 1943 : week of July 29 to August 5, 204th week of the war, 86th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, August 9, 1943 : week of July 29 to August 5, 204th week of the war, 86th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 2, no. 16
- Added Title The Long, Tough Fight Ahead : Beyond Sunny Italy!
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and Distributed by Army Orientation Course, Special Service Division, Army Service Forces, War Dept., 2E580 Pentagon Bldg., Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] AAF. HQ. Air Adjutant General. Publications DivisionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Army Air Forces distribution. Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution. Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: Washington, D.C.
- Creation: 1943-08-09
- Digitized: 2006-04-27
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Italy, Sicily, Rumania, Russia, Germany, Burma-China, Southwest Pacific. Map: Strategic air distances across the Mediterranean./ Relief shown by hachures. Photographs: Army engineers work in the Aluetians; A Tommy reads "Soldier's guide to Sicily"; Royal Artillery Detachment stationed north of Syracuse, Sicily examines damage done by Italians to a mobile anti-aircraft train; Nazis surrender to U.S. Infantrymen near Carlentini; Junkers-290 transport shot down by an RAF Marauder near the coast of Bastia, Corsica; U.S. Marines push a generator into position near Munda; Japanese interpreters of the U.S. Army decipher papers found on a wounded Japanese officer; A winch pulls a mud-splattered jeep free on Rendova; 155mm rifle sends rounds into Munda from Rendova Island. Back: [text and ill.]: The long, tough fight ahead : beyond sunny Italy!/ Back text includes quote from the President of the United States, July 28, 1943: "I confess that I myself am sometimes bewildered by conflicting statements that I see in the press ..."
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. (b&w and blue) ; 42 x 86 cm., on sheet 90 x 120 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Mediterranean Region -- Maps.
- Keyword: Presidential statements
- Keyword: strategic air distances
- Keyword: Mediterranean Sea
- Keyword: Rumania
- Keyword: Burma
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Italy
- Start Date: 1943-07-29
- End Date: 1943-08-05
- Place Name: Italy - Sicily Region
- Place Name: Romania
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: Myanmar
- Place Name: China
- Place Name: New Guinea Island
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Africa
- Place Name: Middle East
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 60844199
- Government Documents No.: W 109.107:2/16
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc965
- Display Note: "Volume II No. 16" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1943 - 538110" Back: "Prepared from public sources of information" Listed in 1943 Monthly Catalog, p. 1145.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K