Shallu, or "Egyptian Wheat": A Late-Maturing Variety of Sorghum Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Shallu, or "Egyptian Wheat": A Late-Maturing Variety of Sorghum
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Added Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture); no. 827
Author: Rothgeb, Benton E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Scientific Assistant in Grain-Sorghum and Broom-Corn Investigations."
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Contributor Type: Organization
Author: United States. Bureau of Plant Industry.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: "Contribution from the Bureau of Plant Industry."
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1917
- Content Description: "Many varieties of sorghum have been introduced into the United States in the past 30 or 40 years. Some of these have proved valuable under dry-land conditions in the southern Great Plains.... Shallu is one of the introductions which are not adapted to dry-land conditions. It is a variety that requires a long favorable season to mature.... This bulletin is intended for farmers who are interested in the growing of grain-sorghum crops. It applies to the southern Great Plains under dry-land conditions. It records the results obtained from shallu when grown under such conditions in comparison with other varieties of grain sorghum in varietal tests in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and New Mexico." -- p. 4
- Physical Description: 8 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sorghum — Varieties.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pearl millet,
- Keyword: shallu
- Keyword: Egyptian wheat
- Keyword: Great Plains
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Arid regions.
- Keyword: dry lands
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Place Name: United States - Oklahoma
- Place Name: United States - New Mexico
- Place Name: United States - Kansas
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 15231943
- SuDoc Number: A 1.9:827
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc96470
- Display Note: "June, 1917." -- title page