Newsmap. Monday, December 6, 1943 : week of November 25 to December 2, 221st week of the war, 103rd week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, December 6, 1943 : week of November 25 to December 2, 221st week of the war, 103rd week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 2, no. 33
- Added Title Sentinels Must Know the 11 General Orders
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and Distributed by Army Orientation Course, Morale Services Division, Army Service Forces, War Dept., 2E581 Pentagon Bldg., Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] AAF. HQ. Air Adjutant General. Publications DivisionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Army Air Forces distribution. Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution. Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: Washington, D.C.
- Creation: 1943-12-06
- Digitized: 2006-05-01
- Content Description: Text describes action on various war fronts: Italy, USSR, Germany, Central Pacific, Southwest Pacific, China, Plans. Inset maps: central Italy, northeast New Guinea, Action areas in central and southwest Pacific, Truk Is., Nauru, Wotje, Jaluit, Makin, Tarawa. Photographs: Australian Air Force Beaufighter, Sgt. Ben Kuroki of Hershey, Nebraska, Captured Soviet equipment, Rescued blindfolded Nazi. German built road in Isernia. Back: Text and 11 illustrations highlight the 11 general orders that must be known by sentinels.
- Physical Description: 9 maps on 1 sheet : col. & b&w ; 37 x 57 cm. or smaller, sheet 89 x 120 cm. ; scales vary.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Europe -- Maps.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Makin
- Keyword: Caroline Islands
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1943-11-25
- End Date: 1943-12-02
- Place Name: Italy
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: Papua New Guinea
- Place Name: China
- Place Name: New Guinea Island
- Place Name: Micronesia - Chuuk - Truk Islands Island Group
- Place Name: Nauru
- Place Name: Marshall Islands - Ratak Chain Island Group - Wotje Atoll
- Place Name: Marshall Islands - Ralik Chain Island Group - Jaluit Atoll
- Place Name: Kiribati - Gilbert Group Island Group - Tarawa Atoll
- Place Name: Marshall Islands
- Place Name: Kiribati - Gilbert Group Island Group
- Place Name: Micronesia
- Place Name: Solomon Islands
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 56088109
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:2/33
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc946
- Display Note: "Volume II No. 33" "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office: 1943 - 538110" Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 463.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K