Newsmap. Monday, December 20, 1943 : week of December 9 to December 16, 223rd week of the war, 105th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, December 20, 1943 : week of December 9 to December 16, 223rd week of the war, 105th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 2, no. 35
- Added Title Tarawa : the Battle for the Gilberts
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and Distributed by Army Orientation Course, Morale Services Division, Army Service Forces, War Dept., 2E581 Pentagon Bldg., Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] AAF. HQ. Air Adjutant General. Publications DivisionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Army Air Forces distribution. Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: Organization
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: Washington, D.C.
- Creation: 1943-12-20
- Digitized: 2006-05-01
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Southwest Pacific, Central Pacific, China, USSR, Italy, Air offensive, Submarines. Inset maps: Southeast Europe, Central China battle area. Photographs: U.S. Army engineers replace a bridge in Italy, Antiaircraft fire from a U.S. carrier, Brazilian ground and air troops, Turkish officials, "Rome or Death." Back: Text and photographs illustrate the battle for the Gilbert Islands.
- Physical Description: 2 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; 45 x 57 or smaller, sheet 89 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Europe -- Maps.
- Keyword: Tarawa
- Keyword: China
- Keyword: Europe
- Keyword: Gilbert Islands
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: China
- Place Name: Kiribati - Gilbert Group Island Group - Tarawa Atoll
- Start Date: 1943-12-09
- End Date: 1943-12-16
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Italy
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 56088099
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:2/35
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc944
- Display Note: "Volume II No. 35" "Prepared from public sources of information" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1943 - 538110" Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 463"
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K