Newsmap. Monday, January 3, 1944 : week of December 22 to December 29, 1943, 225th week of the war, 107th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. Monday, January 3, 1944 : week of December 22 to December 29, 1943, 225th week of the war, 107th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 2, no. 37
- Added Title [Map of Papua New Guinea]
Distributor: [United States.] Army Orientation CourseCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and Distributed by Army Orientation Course, Morale Services Division, Army Service Forces, War Dept., 2E581 Pentagon Bldg., Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] AAF. HQ. Air Adjutant General. Publications DivisionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Army Air Forces distribution. Washington, D.C.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution. Washington, D.C.
Cartographer: United States. Office of Strategic ServicesContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: For map of Papua New Guinea: "Model prepared in the R and A Branch, O.S.S."
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: Washington, D.C.
- Creation: 1944-01-03
- Digitized: 2006-05-01
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: New Britain, Air offensive, USSR, Italy, Scharnhorst, Command. Maps: Central Italy showing rivers and roads, Distance from London to the coast of France near Boulogne, Coastline of northern Scandinavia. Photographs: American 155mm gun fires on German positions at Mignano; American soldiers temporarily reside in holes on Venafro Ridge; Equipment retreating Germans used to tear up railroad tracks; Allied troops clear the torn up tracks to use the road bed as a highway; An LST lands at Mono Island. Back: Color map of northeast New Guinea/New Britain.
- Physical Description: 3 maps on 1 sheet : col. (b&w and blue) ; sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Italy -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- English Channel -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: New Guinea -- Maps.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Papua New Guinea
- Start Date: 1943-12-22
- End Date: 1943-12-29
- Place Name: Papua New Guinea - New Britain Island
- Place Name: England
- Place Name: France
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Italy
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 60829193
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:2/37
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc942
- Display Note: "Volume II No. 37" "Prepared from public sources of information" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1943 - 538110" Back: "Model prepared in the R and A Branch. O.S.S." Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 463.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K