Wetlands: An Overview of Issues Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Wetlands: An Overview of Issues
Author: Copeland, ClaudiaCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Resource and Environmental Policy Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Author: Zinn, Jeffrey A.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Natural Resources Policy Resources, Science, and Industry Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2008-07-08
- Content Description: The report documents recent changes in wetland acres. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service released its most recent periodic survey of changes in wetland acreage nationwide in March 2006. Covering 1998 to 2004, it concluded that during this time period there was a small net gain in overall wetland acres for the first time that this survey has been conducted. Others caution, however, that much of this gain was in ponds, rather than natural wetlands.
- Physical Description: 25 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Wetland conservation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Wetland ecology
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Wetlands
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33483
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33483_2008Jul08
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc94041