Computational modeling and analysis of a flow in a storage room Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Computational modeling and analysis of a flow in a storage room
Author: Chen, Z. (Zukun)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Konecni, S. (Snezana)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Whicker, J. J. (Jeffrey J.)Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Los Alamos National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2002-01-01
- Content Description: When a radioactive material gas is accidentally released with a room, the present of the hazardous gas will directly affect the people safety inside. In this study, the flow field and gas dispersion in a ventilated tritium storage room at Los Alamos National Laboratory was simulated using CFX-5.5, a commercially available CFD package using a finite volume methodology. CFD models provide a simultaneously numerical solution of continuity, Navier-Stokes, and energy equations for a flow field geometry with specified boundary conditions. CFX-5 uses a coupled solver, which solves the hydrodynamic equations (for u, v, w, p) as a single system. This reduces the number of iterations required for convergence to a steady state, and to a transient analysis solution for each time step in time-dependant gas dispersion as well.
- Physical Description: 3 p.
- Keyword: Numerical Solution
- Keyword: Storage
- STI Subject Categories: 97 Mathematical Methods And Computing
- Keyword: Transients
- Keyword: Tritium
- Keyword: Geometry
- Keyword: Lanl
- Keyword: Radioactive Materials
- Keyword: Simulation
- Keyword: Boundary Conditions
- Keyword: Safety
- Keyword: Hydrodynamics
- Keyword: Convergence
- Conference: "Submitted to the: 2003 AMSE Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting June 6 - 10, Honolulu, Hawaii"
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: LA-UR-02-6861
- Grant Number: none
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 976423
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc935465