Installation of a drum-out port in a nuclear facility Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Installation of a drum-out port in a nuclear facility
Author: Martinez, A. C. (Anthony C.)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Montoya, D. A. (David A.)Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Los Alamos National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2002-01-01
- Content Description: The Plutonium Facility at Los Alamos National Laboratory is constantly undergoing decommissioning of processing equipment to keep up with new technology and improving process equipment to accommodate customer needs. The old process equipment that is decommissioned has been exposed to radioactive materials and has to be disposed of a s TRU-waste. The bag-out process that was used for removing contaminated equipment pieces was very time consuming and exposed glovebox workers to hazardous radiation. This was due to a small size of the bag-out port, which limited the size of the pieces to fit through the port, and consequently increased the number of pieces and bag-outs that had to be performed.
- Physical Description: 13 p.
- Keyword: Radioactive Wastes
- Keyword: Lanl
- Keyword: Radioactive Materials
- Keyword: Plutonium
- STI Subject Categories: 12 Management Of Radioactive Wastes, And Non-Radioactive Wastes From Nuclear Facilities
- Keyword: Processing
- Keyword: Decommissioning
- Conference: Submitted to: 15TH Annual Glovebox Society, 2002 Annual Conference and Exposition, August 19-21, 2002, Orlando, FL
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: LA-UR-02-5025
- Grant Number: none
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 976277
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc935192