GARDENS OF EDEN OF ELEMENTARY CELLULAR AUTOMATA. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title GARDENS OF EDEN OF ELEMENTARY CELLULAR AUTOMATA.
Author: Barrett, C. L. (Christopher L.)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Chen, W. Y. C. (William, Y. C.)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Reidys, C. M. (Christian M.)Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Los Alamos National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2001-01-01
- Content Description: Using de Bruijn graphs, we give a characterization of elementary cellular automata on the linear lattice that do not have any Gardens of Eden. It turns out that one can easily recoginze a CA that does not have any Gardens of Eden by looking at its de Bruijn graph. We also present a sufficient condition for the set of words accepted by a CA not to constitute a finite-complement language.
- Physical Description: 11 p.
- Keyword: Images
- Keyword: Pattern Recognition
- STI Subject Categories: 99 General And Miscellaneous//Mathematics, Computing, And Information Science
- Keyword: Calculation Methods
- STI Subject Categories: 97 Mathematical Methods And Computing
- Conference: "Submitted to: Discrete models (Combinatorics, Computation&Geometry) Conference, Paris, France July 2-5, 2001"
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: LA-UR-01-1381
- Grant Number: none
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 975265
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc934505