Normal-reflection image Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Normal-reflection image
Author: Huang, L. (Lian-Jie)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Fehler, Michael C.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Los Alamos National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2003-01-01
- Content Description: Common-angle wave-equation migration using the double-square-root is generally less accurate than the common-shot migration because the wavefield continuation equation for thc former involves additional approximations compared to that for the latter. We present a common-angle wave-equation migration that has the same accuracy as common-shot wave-equation migration. An image obtained from common-angle migration is a four- to five-dimensional output volume for 3D cases. We propose a normal-reflection imaging condition for common-angle migration to produce a 3D output volume for 3D migration. The image is closely related to the normal-reflection coefficients at interfaces. This imaging condition will allow amplitude-preserving migration to generate an image with clear physical meaning.
- Physical Description: 4 p.
- Keyword: Images
- Keyword: Approximations
- Keyword: Accuracy
- STI Subject Categories: 97 Mathematical Methods And Computing
- Conference: Submitted to: SEG 2003 International Exposition and 73rd Annual Meeting
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: LA-UR-03-2538
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 976604
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc934067