Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 233rd week of the war, 115th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 233rd week of the war, 115th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 2, no. 45
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, February 28, 1944 : week of February 17 to February 24, 233rd week of the war, 115th week of U.S. participation
- Added Title In Mein Kampf, Hitler Stated That His Plan Was To Destroy France First Then England - after which he would have the United States cornered without a fight!
Author: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Morale Services Division. Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared for Army Orientation Course, M.S.D. by Army Information branch, M.S.D., A.S.F., 205 E. 42nd St., New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy Distributor
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: [Washington, D.C.]
- Creation: 1944-02-28
- Digitized: 2006-05-02
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Central Pacific, Southwest Pacific, Air war, Burma, USSR. Maps show air attacks from London to various sites in Germany; New Ireland; south Pacific; Truk Is. Includes photographs: "Island forts", Marine corps set up radio telephone sets at Roi Island, Leathernecks set up machine guns immediately upon landing, All-Negro Ninety-Ninth Fighter Squadron at Anzio, German prisoners disembark from an LST to a prison camp, wounded female Jugoslav guerillas arrive in Malta, General Sir Harold Alexander chats with Yank rangers near Cisterno. Back: Text states "In Mein Kampf, Hitler stated that his plan was to destroy France first, then England, after which he would have the United States cornered without a fight!."
- Physical Description: 4 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- South Pacific Ocean -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Papua New Guinea -- New Ireland Island -- Maps.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Central Pacific
- Keyword: Southwest Pacific
- Keyword: Burma
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1944-02-17
- End Date: 1944-02-24
- Place Name: France
- Place Name: England
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: Myanmar
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Italy
- Place Name: China
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Japan
- Place Name: Micronesia - Chuuk - Truk Islands Island Group
- Place Name: Papua New Guinea - New Ireland Province - New Ireland Island
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Philippines
- Place Name: New Guinea Island
- Place Name: Northern Mariana Islands
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 59169311
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:2/45
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc933
- Display Note: Front: "Volume II No. 45F" Back: "Volume II No. 45B" "Prepared for Army Orientation Course, M.S.D." "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 538110" Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 463
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K