Simple classifiers from data dependent hypothesis classes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Simple classifiers from data dependent hypothesis classes
Author: Cannon, A. (Adam)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Howse, J. W. (James W.)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Hush, D. R. (Donald R.)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Scovel, James C.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Los Alamos National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2003-01-01
- Content Description: In this paper we introduce simple classifiers as an example of how to use the data dependent hypothesis class framework described by Cannon et al. (2002) to explore the performance/computation trade-off in the classifier design problem. We provide a specific example of a simple classifier and demonstrate that it has many remarkable properties: For example it possesses computationally efficient learning algorithms with favorable bounds on estimation error, admits kernel mappings, and is particularly well suited to boosting. We present experimental results on synthetic and real data that suggest that this classifier is competitive with powerful alternative methods.
- Physical Description: 6 p.
- Keyword: Classification
- Keyword: Design
- Keyword: Kernels
- Keyword: Hypothesis
- STI Subject Categories: 97 Mathematical Methods And Computing
- Keyword: Learning
- Keyword: Algorithms
- Conference: Submitted to: ICML Conference, August 2003, Washington, D.C.
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: LA-UR-03-1810
- Grant Number: none
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 976569
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc932925