Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 234th week of the war, 116th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 234th week of the war, 116th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 2, no. 46
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, March 6, 1944 : week of February 24 to March 2, 234th week of the war, 116th week of U.S. participation
- Added Title Luftwaffe (German Air Force) Uniforms
Author: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Morale Services Division. Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared for Army Orientation Course, M.S.D. by Army Information Branch, M.S.D., A.S.F., 205 E. 42nd St., New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: Organization
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: [Washington, D.C.]
- Creation: 1944-03-06
- Digitized: 2006-05-02
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Western Europe, USSR, Finland, Italy, Southwest Pacific, Central Pacific, Burma. Maps show Current battle lines along Russian border and Rumania, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Finland ; Central Italy. Includes photographs: Dauga Airfield after 5th Air Force B-25 medium bombers leave Japanese planes destroyed. Japanese captured by U.S. Coast Guardsmen off Kwajalein. Lt. Eugune R. Hanks of Gibbs, Idaho in his Grumman Hellcat fighter. U.S. tank officer explains the target to Gen. Eishenhower while Air Marshall Tedder watches. Gliders built in England for the Allied Forces. U.S. combat cars await dispatch on a field in the English countryside. Field Marshall Rommel inspects Nazi fortifications. British soldiers near the Garigliano River. Three "Yanks" at the Anzio beachhead. Mortar crew of the 36th division below Cassino. American paratroopers capture Nazi snipers. Pvt. Robert Steinmetz of Pittsburgh with a mule he rescued from an Italian farm. Composite aerial view of Italian coast including Anzio and Nettuno. Back: Luftwaffe (German Air Force) uniforms. Text and illustrations of Flying Suits, Miscellaneous Uniforms, Parachutist Uniforms, Continental Uniforms.
- Physical Description: 2 maps : col. ; sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Soviet Union -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Italy, Central -- Maps.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Burma
- Keyword: Central Pacific
- Keyword: Southwest Pacific
- Keyword: Western Europe
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Germany
- Start Date: 1944-02-24
- End Date: 1944-03-02
- Place Name: Russia
- Place Name: Finland
- Place Name: Italy
- Place Name: Myanmar
- Place Name: Northern Mariana Islands
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 48010053
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:2/46
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc932
- Display Note: Front: "Volume II No. 46F" Back: "Volume II No. 46B" "Prepared for Army Orientation Course, M.S.D." "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 538110" Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 463
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K