Sandia National Laboratories, California Quality Assurance Project Plan for Environmental Monitoring Program. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Sandia National Laboratories, California Quality Assurance Project Plan for Environmental Monitoring Program.
Author: Holland, Robert C.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Sandia National LaboratoriesPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2005-09-01
- Content Description: This Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) applies to the Environmental Monitoring Program at the Sandia National Laboratories/California. This QAPP follows DOE Quality Assurance Management System Guide for Use with 10 CFR 830 Subpart A, Quality Assurance Requirements, and DOE O 414.1C, Quality Assurance (DOE G 414.1-2A June 17, 2005). The Environmental Monitoring Program is located within the Environmental Operations Department. The Environmental Operations Department is responsible for ensuring that SNL/CA operations have minimal impact on the environment. The Department provides guidance to line organizations to help them comply with applicable environmental regulations and DOE orders. To fulfill its mission, the department has groups responsible for waste management; pollution prevention, air quality; environmental planning; hazardous materials management; and environmental monitoring. The Environmental Monitoring Program is responsible for ensuring that SNL/CA complies with all Federal, State, and local regulations and with DOE orders regarding the quality of wastewater and stormwater discharges. The Program monitors these discharges both visually and through effluent sampling. The Program ensures that activities at the SNL/CA site do not negatively impact the quality of surface waters in the vicinity, or those of the San Francisco Bay. The Program verifies that wastewater and stormwater discharges are in compliance with established standards and requirements. The Program is also responsible for compliance with groundwater monitoring, and underground and above ground storage tanks regulatory compliance. The Program prepares numerous reports, plans, permit applications, and other documents that demonstrate compliance.
- Physical Description: 16 p.
- Keyword: Air Quality
- Keyword: Waste Management Storm Water-Quality Assurance*
- Keyword: Environmental Surveillance-Quality Assurance*
- Keyword: Tanks
- Keyword: Regulations
- Keyword: Sandia National Laboratories
- Keyword: Surface Waters
- Keyword: San Francisco Bay
- Keyword: Waste Water-Quality Assurance*
- Keyword: Compliance
- Keyword: Hazardous Materials
- Keyword: Ground Water-Quality Assurance*
- Keyword: Pollution
- Keyword: License Applications
- Keyword: Sampling
- Keyword: Planning
- Keyword: Storm Water-Quality Assurance*
- Keyword: Quality Assurance
- Keyword: Monitors
- Keyword: Management
- Keyword: Storage
- Keyword: Monitoring
- Keyword: Quality Assurance.
- STI Subject Categories: 54 Environmental Sciences
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: SAND2005-6051
- Grant Number: AC04-94AL85000
- DOI: 10.2172/974865
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 974865
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc931736