Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 235th week of the war, 117th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 235th week of the war, 117th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 2, no. 47
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, March 13, 1944 : week of March 2 to March 9, 235th week of the war, 117th week of U.S. participation
Author: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Morale Services Division. Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared for Army Orientation Course, M.S.D. by Army Information Branch, M.S.D., A.S.F., 205 E. 42nd St., New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy Distributor, Washington D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Orientation Course.Place of Publication: [Washington, D.C.]
- Creation: 1944-03-13
- Digitized: 2006-05-02
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Western Europe; Southwest Pacific; Burma; Eastern front; Italy; U-boats. Maps: Burma: Burma map showing where Chinese and American troops are fighting; Burma map showing where Indian and British troops engage the Japs; Bismarck Sea; Insets: Manus. Includes 10 photographs. Back: Old sea dog learns new tricks; Anzio Harbor. Includes 12 photographs.
- Physical Description: 5 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; sheet 89 x 120 cm. ; scales vary.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Burma -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Harbors -- Italy.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Destroyers (Warships)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Anti-submarine warfare.
- Keyword: Burma
- Keyword: Western Europe
- Keyword: Southwest Pacific
- Keyword: Eastern Front
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1944-03-02
- End Date: 1944-03-09
- Place Name: Myanmar
- Place Name: Italy
- Place Name: Papua New Guinea
- Place Name: Germany
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 62509918
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:2/47
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc931
- Display Note: Front: "Volume II No. 47F" Back: "Volume II No. 47B" "Prepared for Army Orientation Course, M.S.D." "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 538110" Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 463
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K