N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual: containing a Catalogue of American Newspapers, a List of All Newspapers of the United States and Canada, 1902, Volume 2 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual: containing a Catalogue of American Newspapers, a List of All Newspapers of the United States and Canada, 1902, Volume 2
- Serial Title N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual
Compiler: N. W. Ayer & SonCreator Type: Organization
Name: N. W. Ayer & SonPlace of Publication: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaAdditional Info: Newspaper Advertising Agents, Times Building, Chestnut and Eighth Street
- Creation: 1902
- Digitized: 2009
- Content Description: American Newspaper Annual contains lists of newspaper publications (listed by counties) with census information, natural features and chief products. Volume 2 of 2. Additional information includes how to obtain an estimate, list of abbreviations, and class publications. Index to Newspaper Advertisements begins on page 1596.
- Physical Description: 541-1074 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: American newspapers -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: American periodicals -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Canadian newspapers -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Canadian periodicals -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Advertising.
- Keyword: advertisements
- Keyword: newspapers
- Keyword: catalogs
- Keyword: census information
- Keyword: populations
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Canada
- Coverage Date: 1902
Name: Newspaper ResourcesCode: NPRS
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 6039147
- Library of Congress Control Number: sn 91-12091
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc9307
- Display Note: Full title on title page: "N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual containing a Catalogue of American Newspapers, a carefully prepared list of all newspapers and periodicals published in the United States, Territories, and Dominion of Canada, Cuba and the West Indian Islands, with valuable information regarding their circulation, issue, date of establishment, political or other distinctive features, and advertising rates, together with the population of the cities and towns, as well as of the counties, in which they are published. A Description of Every Place in the United States and Canada in which a newspaper is published, including railroad, telegraph, express and banking facilities. Also maps of the United States and its posessions, the Canadian Provinces and the West Indian Islands, carefully revised and corrected to date. A List of the Newspapers of the United States and Canada which insert advertisements, arranged by counties with a description of each state, territory, province and county, giving the location, character of surface and soil, chief products and manufacturers, forming a valuable guide to the judicious placing of any line of advertising. Separate Lists of Religious and Agricultural Publications, the various class publications, omitting those which do not insert advertisements; the press and editorial associations of the United States and Canada with their officers, etc., etc." "Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1902 by N. W. Ayer & Son, in the office of the librarian of Congress, at Washington, D.C."