Synchrotron-based high-pressure research in materials science Page: 4 of 19
This article is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Reference leg Delay leg
Glass bar slows and bends light to
move apparent mirror position closer
In bea~msp ftr-
Eighth wave plate Apparent mirror pc
fled light from
0* Beamsplitter Distance bet
Polarizing beamsphtters apparent mirr
900 1800 position equa
Doppler-shifted light is delayed by transmission through a glass bar before interfering with itself. Over
this short delay (-1/3 ns), the change in Doppler-shift is usually small. The glass bar length and the
mirror-to-bearnsplitter distances are adjusted to match the interfering wavefronts from both
interferometer legs for recombining them at the bearnsplitter.
1. VISAR <Vclocit niterieroiieicr sicc for Any Rdcireo avoids excessively high beat frequencies, even at high velocities.
2. No spatial coherence of light is required. This permits use of multi-mode optical fibers for probes.
3. Laser temporal coherence must only exceed the short interferometer delay.
4. Quadrature-coding eliminates signal ambiguity between acceleration and deceleration.
5. Push-pull output doubles signal amplitudes while eliminating common-mode noise.
13 Sept 04
Unclassified LA-UR #04-4016 2
Here’s what’s next.
This article can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Article.
Chen, Bin; Lin, Jung-Fu; Chen, Jiuhua; Zhang, Hengzhong & Zeng, Qiaoshi. Synchrotron-based high-pressure research in materials science, article, June 1, 2016; (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc930157/m1/4/: accessed August 18, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.