N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual: containing a Catalogue of American Newspapers, a List of All Newspapers of the United States and Canada, 1906, Volume 2 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual: containing a Catalogue of American Newspapers, a List of All Newspapers of the United States and Canada, 1906, Volume 2
- Serial Title N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual
Compiler: N. W. Ayer & SonCreator Type: Organization
Name: N. W. Ayer & SonPlace of Publication: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaAdditional Info: Newspaper Advertising Agents, 300-308 Chestnut Street
- Creation: 1906
- Digitized: 2009
- Content Description: American Newspaper Annual contains lists of newspaper publications (listed by counties) with census information, natural features and chief products. Volume 2 of 2. Additional information includes how to obtain an estimate, list of abbreviations, and class publications. Index to Class Publications begins on page 1063. Index to Newspaper Advertisements begins on page 1119. Index to Advertisements of Engravers, Lithographers and Printers, Ink Manufacturers, Type and Electrotype Foundries begons on page 1134.
- Physical Description: 640-1299 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: American newspapers -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: American periodicals -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Canadian newspapers -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Canadian periodicals -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Advertising.
- Keyword: advertisements
- Keyword: newspapers
- Keyword: catalogs
- Keyword: census information
- Keyword: populations
- Keyword: maps
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Canada
- Place Name: Cuba
- Coverage Date: 1906
Name: Newspaper ResourcesCode: NPRS
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 6039147
- Library of Congress Control Number: sn 91-12091
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc9298
- Display Note: Full title on title page: "N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual containing a Catalogue of American Newspapers, a carefully prepared list of all newspapers and periodicals published in the United States, Territories, and Dominion of Canada, Cuba and the West Indian Islands, with valuable information regarding their circulation, issue, date of establishment, political or other distinctive features, names of editors and publishers, and street addresses in cities of fifty thousand inhabitants and upward, together with the population of the counties and places in which the papers are published. A Description of Every Place in the United States and Canada in which a newspaper is published, including railroad, telegraph, express and banking facilities. Also state, territory and province, giving location, character of surface and soil, chief products and manufacturers, forming a valuable guide to the judicious placing of any line of advertising. Fifty-eight maps of the United States and its posessions, the Canadian Provinces and the West Indian Islands, carefully revised and corrected to date. A separate list of all daily newspapers in the United States and its posessions and the Dominion of Canada which are published continuously throughout the year. Lists of Monthly and Weekly Publications of General Circulation, Religious and Agricultural Publications, the various class publications, newspapers published in foreign languages, press and editorial associations of the United States and Canada, etc." "Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1906 by N. W. Ayer & Son, in the office of the librarian of Congress, at Washington, D.C." Missing page 1181.