N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual and Directory: A Catalogue of American Newspapers, 1922, Volume 2 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual and Directory: A Catalogue of American Newspapers, 1922, Volume 2
- Serial Title N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual and Directory
Compiler: N. W. Ayer & SonCreator Type: Organization
Name: N. W. Ayer & SonPlace of Publication: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaAdditional Info: Newspaper Advertising Agents, 308 Chestnut Street
- Creation: 1922
- Digitized: 2009
- Content Description: American Newspaper Annual and Directory contains lists of newspaper publications (listed by counties) with census information, natural features and chief products. Volume 2 of 2. Additional information includes class and trade publications and maps. Index to Trade, Technical and Class Publications begins on page 1247. Alphabetical index of Magazines, Technical, Trade and Class Publications begins on page 1343.
- Physical Description: 633-1368 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: American newspapers -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: American periodicals -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Canadian newspapers -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Canadian periodicals -- Directories.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Advertising.
- Keyword: advertisements
- Keyword: newspapers
- Keyword: catalogs
- Keyword: census information
- Keyword: populations
- Keyword: maps
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Canada
- Place Name: Cuba
- Coverage Date: 1922
Name: Newspaper ResourcesCode: NPRS
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 4163731
- Library of Congress Control Number: sn 91-12092
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc9266
- Display Note: Full title on title page: "N. W. Ayer & Son's American Newspaper Annual and Directory, a Catalogue of American Newspapers, a carefully prepared list of all newspapers and periodicals published in the United States, Territories, and Dominion of Canada, Cuba and the West Indian Islands, with valuable information regarding their circulation, issue, date of establishment, political or other distinctive features, names of editors and publishers, and street addresses in cities of fifty thousand inhabitants and upward, together with the population of the counties and places in which the papers are published. A separate list of all daily newspapers in the United States and its posessions and the Dominion of Canada which are published throughout the year, indicating by distinguishing marks those which issue Weekly or Sunday editions. Lists of monthly and weekly publications of general circulation, religious and agricultural publications, the various trade, technical and class publications, newspapers printed in foreign languages, co-operative newspaper lists, etc. A list of religious, agricultural, trade, technical and class publications, magazines and reviews, etc. arranged in alphabetical order by their names, the place of publication of each being shown. A Description of every place in the United States and Canada in which a newspaper is published, including railroad, telegraph, express and banking facilities; also state, territory or province, giving location, character of surface and soil, chief products and manufacturers, forming a valuable guide to the judicious placing of any line of advertising. Ninety-seven maps of the United States and its posessions, the Canadian Provinces and the West Indian Islands, etc., carefully revised and corrected to date." "Copyright, 1922, by N.W. Ayer & Son."