An Evaluation of the Use of a Quantitative Image Analyzer to Determine Microhardness Values Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An Evaluation of the Use of a Quantitative Image Analyzer to Determine Microhardness Values
Author: Teaney, P. E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Selle, J. E.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Mound Plant (U.S.)Place of Publication: Miamisburg, OhioAdditional Info: MOUND (Mound Plant, Miamisburg, OH (United States))
- Creation: 1971-10-01
- Content Description: The use of quantitative image analyzer to determine microhardness values was investigated. Microhardness traverses were made across chemically polished, partially oxidized T-111 alloy specimens using both Vickers and Knoop indenters. Microhardness values were obtained from both area and diagonal readings using a Classimat image analyzer (Classimat is a registered trademark of E. Leitz, Inc., Rockliegh, N. J.). These values were then compared with those obtained by conventional optical measurements. The data obtained by the various methods are compared and the advantages and disadvantages such as accuracy, time requirements, versatility, and limitations of particular methods are discussed.
- Conference: IMS Proceedings, 1971
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: MLM-1950
- Grant Number: AT-33-1-GEN-53
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 972173
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc926104