Implicit turbulence modeling for high reynolds number flows. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Implicit turbulence modeling for high reynolds number flows.
Author: Margolin, L. G.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Smolarkiewicz, P. K. (Piotr K.)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Wyszogrodzki, A. A. (Andrzej A.)Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Los Alamos National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2001-01-01
- Content Description: We continue our investigation of the implicit turbulence modeling property of the nonoscillatory finite volume scheme MPDATA. We start by comparing MPDATA simulations of decaying turbulence in a triply periodic cube with analogous pseudospectral studies. In the regime of direct numerical simulation, MPDATA is shown to agree closely with the pseudospectral model. As viscosity is reduced, the two model results diverge. We study the MPDATA results in the inviscid limit, using a combination of mathematical analysis and computational experiment. We validate the inviscid MPDATA results as representing the turbulent flow in the limit of very high Reynolds number.
- Physical Description: 11 p.
- Keyword: Turbulent Flow
- Keyword: Simulation
- Keyword: Viscosity
- STI Subject Categories: 97 Mathematical Methods And Computing
- Keyword: Reynolds Number
- Keyword: Turbulence
- Conference: Submitted to: Proceedings-40th AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting and Exhibit-January 14-17, 2002-Reno, NV
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: LA-UR-01-5836
- Grant Number: none
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 975830
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc926043