Algae in Water Supplies: An Illustrated Manual on the Identification, Significance, and Control of Algae in Water Supplies. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Algae in Water Supplies: An Illustrated Manual on the Identification, Significance, and Control of Algae in Water Supplies.
- Alternate Title Algae in water supplies
- Series Title Public Health Service publication
- Added Title Public Health Service Publication Number 657
Author: Palmer, Charles Mervin, 1900-Creator Type: Personal
Author: United States. Dept. of Health, Education, and Welfare.Creator Type: Organization
Author: United States. Public Health Service.Creator Type: Organization
Author: United States. Public Health Service. Bureau of State Services.Creator Type: Organization
Author: United States. Division of Water Supply and Pollution Control.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Robert A. Taft Sanitary Engineering Center.Creator Type: Organization
Author of introduction, etc.: Tarzwell, Clarence M. (Clarence Mathew), 1907-Contributor Type: Personal
Illustrator: Walter, Harold J.Contributor Type: Personal
Distributor: United States. Government Printing Office.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: U.S. Dept. of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, Bureau of State Services, Division of Water Pollution ControlPlace of Publication: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Creation: 1959
- Digitized: 2005-02-02
- Content Description: A manual designed to help "water analysts and others who deal with the many problems and effects associated with the presence of algae in water supplies."
- Physical Description: viii, 88 p. : ill. (some color) ; 31 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Algae.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Algae -- Economic aspects.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Water -- Pollution.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Water supply.
- Keyword: water quality
- Keyword: environmental health
- Keyword: aquatic organisms
- Keyword: drinking water
- Keyword: algae blooms
- Keyword: water issues
- Keyword: freshwater
- Keyword: ecology
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- OCLC: 5277557
- Government Documents No.: FS 2.6/2:AL 3
- UNT Catalog No.: b1137197
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc9129
- Display Note: Includes glossary, bibliography (p. 81-84), and genus and species index. Contents: 1. Introduction -- 2. Significance of algae in water supplies -- 3. Identification of algae -- 4. Taste and odor algae -- 5. Filter clogging algae -- 6. Polluted water algae -- 7. Clean water algae -- 8. Plankton and other surface water algae -- 9. Algae attached to reservoir walls -- 10. Additional problems caused by algae in water supplies -- 11. Additional uses for algae found in water supplies -- 12. Procedures for enumeration of algae in water -- 13. Control of algae -- Appendix.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000