Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 262nd week of the war, 144th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 262nd week of the war, 144th week of U.S. participation
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 18 September, 1944 : week of 6 September to 13 September, 262nd week of the war, 144th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 3, no. 22
- Added Title The Conquest and Liberation of France
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, 205 E. 42nd Street, New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution, Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: New York, N. Y.
- Creation: 1944-09-18
- Digitized: 2006-04-23
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts : France, Eastern front, Philippines, Italy, China. Maps: Europe; Where American 3rd and 7th armies joined forces [France-Germany]; Central Asia: China attacks/Jap drives/B-29 target [markers on a map of China near Chungking]; [Advances in Italy and the Balkans]. Photographs: Sgt. Lewis F. Clancy talks over old times with Petit Victor in Oise, France; B-24 Liberators are hit and downed by Luftwaffe in Austria. Back: A chronological series of maps illustrate the conquest and liberation of France [1939-1944]. Includes photograph: French children salute and wave at soldiers in an armored tank.
- Physical Description: 9 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: France -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: France
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Start Date: 1944-09-06
- End Date: 1944-09-13
- Place Name: Philippines
- Place Name: Italy
- Place Name: China
- Place Name: Central Asia
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 60849769
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:3/22
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc906
- Display Note: Front: "Volume III No. 22F" "Prepared from public sources of information" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 591000" Back: "Volume III No. 22B" Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 1216.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K