Process Control Minitoring by Stress Response Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Process Control Minitoring by Stress Response
Author: Hazen, Terry C.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Stahl, David A.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy. Office of Biological and Environmental Research.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Director. Office of Science. Biological and Environmental Research
Name: Lawrence Berkeley National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Berkeley, CaliforniaAdditional Info: "Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA (United States)"
- Creation: 2006-04-17
- Content Description: Environmental contamination with a variety of pollutants hasprompted the development of effective bioremediation strategies. But howcan these processes be best monitored and controlled? One avenue underinvestigation is the development of stress response systems as tools foreffective and general process control. Although the microbial stressresponse has been the subject of intensive laboratory investigation, theenvironmental reflection of the laboratory response to specific stresseshas been little explored. However, it is only within an environmentalcontext, in which microorganisms are constantly exposed to multiplechanging environmental stresses, that there will be full understanding ofmicrobial adaptive resiliency. Knowledge of the stress response in theenvironment will facilitate the control of bioremediation and otherprocesses mediated by complex microbial communities.
- Keyword: Bioremediation Environmental Genomics Field Studies Stressresponse
- STI Subject Categories: 54 Bioremediation Environmental Genomics Field Studies Stressresponse
- STI Subject Categories: 59
- Journal Name: CURRENT OPINION IN BIOTECHNOLOGY; Journal Volume: 17; Journal Issue: 3; Related Information: Journal Publication Date: June, 2006
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: LBNL--60297
- Grant Number: DE-AC02-05CH11231
- DOI: 10.1016/j.copbio.2006.03.004
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 926476
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc898669