Active load control techniques for wind turbines. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Active load control techniques for wind turbines.
Author: van Dam, C.P. (University of California, Davis, CA)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Berg, Dale E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Johnson, Scott J. (University of California, Davis, CA)Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Sandia National LaboratoriesPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2008-07-01
- Content Description: This report provides an overview on the current state of wind turbine control and introduces a number of active techniques that could be potentially used for control of wind turbine blades. The focus is on research regarding active flow control (AFC) as it applies to wind turbine performance and loads. The techniques and concepts described here are often described as 'smart structures' or 'smart rotor control'. This field is rapidly growing and there are numerous concepts currently being investigated around the world; some concepts already are focused on the wind energy industry and others are intended for use in other fields, but have the potential for wind turbine control. An AFC system can be broken into three categories: controls and sensors, actuators and devices, and the flow phenomena. This report focuses on the research involved with the actuators and devices and the generated flow phenomena caused by each device.
- Physical Description: 132 p.
- Keyword: Actuators
- Keyword: Wind Turbines Turbine Blades.
- Keyword: Turbine Blades.
- Keyword: Rotors
- STI Subject Categories: 17 Wind Energy
- Keyword: Performance
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: SAND2008-4809
- Grant Number: AC04-94AL85000
- DOI: 10.2172/943932
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 943932
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc895537