Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 272nd week of the war, 154th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 272nd week of the war, 154th week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 3, no. 32
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 27 November, 1944 : week of 15 November to 22 November, 272nd week of the war, 154th week of U.S. participation
- Added Title Mulberry secret floating harbor
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, 205 E. 42nd Street, New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution. Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: New York, N.Y.Additional Info: Preparer and distributor
- Creation: 1944-11-27
- Digitized: 2006-04-24
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Open general offensive, Armies in action, Italian fighting bitter, Budapest under siege, U.S. planes hit Manila, Japs increase pressure, Ledo-Burma Road. Maps: Leyte progress, Italian front, Allied offensive, Budapest to Miskolc. Back: Text and 12 photographs highlight the "Mulberry" secret floating harbor used with the European invasion.
- Physical Description: 4 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; sheet 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines -- Leyte -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Italy -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Hungary -- Budapest -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mulberry harbors.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1944-11-15
- End Date: 1944-11-22
- Place Name: Philippines - Leyte Island
- Place Name: Hungary - Budapest County - Budapest
- Place Name: Philippines - Manila Region - Manila
- Place Name: Italy
- Place Name: China
- Place Name: Myanmar
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: Europe
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 48030886
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:3/32
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc895
- Display Note: Front: "Volume III No. 32F" "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 591000" Back: "Volume III No. 32B" Listed in 1944 Monthly Catalog, p. 1463.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K