Equations of state for titanium and Ti6A14V alloy. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Equations of state for titanium and Ti6A14V alloy.
Author: Kerley, Gerald Irwin (Kerley Technical Services, Appomattox, VA)Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Sandia National LaboratoriesPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2003-10-01
- Content Description: The PANDA code is used to build tabular equations of state (EOS) for titanium and the alloy Ti4Al6V. Each EOS includes solid-solid phase transitions, melting, vaporization, and thermal electronic excitation. Separate EOS tables are constructed for the solid and fluid phases, and the PANDA phase transition model is used to construct a single multiphase table. The model explains a number of interesting features seen in the Hugoniot data, including an anomalous increase in shock velocity, recently observed near 200 GPa in Ti6Al4V. These new EOS tables are available for use with the CTH code and other hydrocodes that access the CTH database.
- Physical Description: 35 p.
- Keyword: Iron-Equations Of State
- Keyword: Equations Of State
- Keyword: Excitation
- Keyword: Evaporation
- STI Subject Categories: 36 Materials Science
- Keyword: Melting
- Keyword: Titanium
- Keyword: Phase Transformations Iron-Equations Of State
- Keyword: Aluminium Alloys
- Keyword: Panda Ii (Calculation)*
- Keyword: Titanium Alloys
- Keyword: Vanadium Alloys
- Keyword: Hydro Codes*
- Keyword: P Codes
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: SAND2003-3785
- Grant Number: AC04-94AL85000
- DOI: 10.2172/918300
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 918300
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc889532