Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 278th week of the war, 160th week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 278th week of the war, 160th week of U.S. participation
- Added Title Newsmap ; v. 3, no. 38
- Series Title Newsmap
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 8 January, 1945 : week of 27 December, 1944 to 3 January, 1945, 278th week of the war, 160th week of U.S. participation
- Added Title Germany and Its Approaches
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, 205 E. 42nd Street, New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution. Washington, D.C.
Cartographer: National Geographic SocietyContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: For map of Germany and its approaches: compiled and drawn in the cartographic section of the National Geographic Society for the National Geographic Magazine. "Copyright 1944 by the National Geographic Society, Washington D.C."
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: New York, N.Y.Additional Info: Preparer and distributor
- Creation: 1945-01-08
- Digitized: 2006-07-19
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Jap-Held Island Hammered from Air, Philippines take Allied Aerial Blows, Allies Blunt German Western Front Drive, Battle Rages Inside Budapest. Maps: Burma, India, China -- Iwo-Jima -- Distance from Japan to Saipan -- Philippine targets -- Belgium region -- Central Europe -- Eastern front. Back: Map of Germany and its approaches.
- Physical Description: 8 maps on 1 sheet : some col. ; sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Maps.
- Keyword: Iwo Jima
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Germany
- Coverage Date: 1944-12-27/1945-01-03
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: Japan - Tokyo Prefecture - Iwo Jima Island
- Place Name: Philippines
- Place Name: Hungary - Budapest Capital City - Budapest
- Publication Title: Newsmap
- Volume: 3
- Issue: 38
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 62190101
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:3/38
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc889
- Display Note: Southern Methodist University's Central University Libraries graciously loaned their copy of this Newsmap for digital imaging. Front: "Volume III No. 38F" "Prepared from public sources of information." Back: "Volume III No. 38B" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 591000" "Army Map Service. U.S. Army, Washington D.C. 139013, 1944" Listed in 1945 Monthly Catalog, p. 811.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K