The Washington Family Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Washington Family
Artist: Savage, EdwardCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: 1761-1817
Owner: National Gallery of ArtContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Washington, DC, United States
- Creation: 1789/1796
- Digitized: 2008-07-01
- No Language
- Physical Description: 1 original artwork : oil paint on canvas ; 214 x 285 cm.
- Content Description: Portrait of the Washington Family, posing around a table that has a map on it. On the left side, a man wearing a yellow and black suit is seated at the table; a young boy is standing next to him with his hand on a globe. On the right side of the painting, an older woman is seated across from the gentleman and a younger woman is standing behind the table, holding a map. A second man is visible behind them.
- Keyword: oil paint on canvas
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Eighteenth century.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): painting
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): paintings
- Keyword: group portraits
- Keyword: oil paintings
- Named Person: Washington
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2008, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Accession or Local Control No: Dva-1110
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc8858
- Display Note: Andrew W. Mellon Collection