Nontechnical Barriers to Solar Energy Use: Review of Recent Literature Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Nontechnical Barriers to Solar Energy Use: Review of Recent Literature
Author: Margolis, R.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Zuboy, J.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)Place of Publication: Golden, ColoradoAdditional Info: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO.
- Creation: 2006-09-01
- Content Description: This paper reviews the nontechnical barriers to solar energy use, drawing on recent literature to help identify key barriers that must be addressed as part of the Technology Acceptance efforts under the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar America Initiative. A broad literature search yielded more than 400 references, which were narrowed to 19 recent documents on nontechnical barriers to the use of solar energy and other energy efficiency and renewable energy (EE/RE) technologies. Some of the most frequently identified barriers included lack of government policy supporting EE/RE, lack of information dissemination and consumer awareness about energy and EE/RE, high cost of solar and other EE/RE technologies compared with conventional energy, and inadequate financing options for EE/RE projects.
- Physical Description: 30 p.
- Keyword: Financing
- Keyword: Robert Margolis
- STI Subject Categories: 14 Solar Energy
- Keyword: Jarett Zuboy
- Keyword: Energy Use
- Keyword: Solar Energy
- Keyword: Renewable Energy
- Keyword: Solar America Initiative
- Keyword: Information Dissemination
- Keyword: Solar Energy - Photovoltaics
- Keyword: Literature Search
- Keyword: Solar Energy Solar Energy
- Keyword: Energy Efficiency
- Keyword: Nontechnical Barriers
- Keyword: Energy Analysis
- Keyword: Technology Acceptance
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: NREL/TP-520-40116
- Grant Number: AC36-99-GO10337
- DOI: 10.2172/893639
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 893639
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc883551