The verdict geometric quality library. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The verdict geometric quality library.
Author: Knupp, Patrick MichaelCreator Type: Personal
Author: Ernst, C.D. (Elemental Technologies, Inc., American Fork, UT)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Thompson, David C. (Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Stimpson, C.J. (Elemental Technologies, Inc., American Fork, UT)Creator Type: Personal
Author: Pebay, Philippe PierreCreator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Sandia National LaboratoriesPlace of Publication: United States
- Creation: 2006-03-01
- Content Description: Verdict is a collection of subroutines for evaluating the geometric qualities of triangles, quadrilaterals, tetrahedra, and hexahedra using a variety of metrics. A metric is a real number assigned to one of these shapes depending on its particular vertex coordinates. These metrics are used to evaluate the input to finite element, finite volume, boundary element, and other types of solvers that approximate the solution to partial differential equations defined over regions of space. The geometric qualities of these regions is usually strongly tied to the accuracy these solvers are able to obtain in their approximations. The subroutines are written in C++ and have a simple C interface. Each metric may be evaluated individually or in combination. When multiple metrics are evaluated at once, they share common calculations to lower the cost of the evaluation.
- Physical Description: 108 p.
- Keyword: V Codes
- STI Subject Categories: 99 General And Miscellaneous//Mathematics, Computing, And Information Science
- Keyword: Geometry
- Keyword: Geometry, Algebraic.
- Keyword: Finite Geometries.
- Keyword: Geometry-Data Processing.
- Keyword: Evaluation
- Keyword: Partial Differential Equations Geometry-Data Processing.
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: SAND2007-1751
- Grant Number: AC04-94AL85000
- DOI: 10.2172/901967
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 901967
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc880826