Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 289th week of the war, 171st week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 289th week of the war, 171st week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 3, no. 49
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 26 March, 1945 : week of 13 March, to 20 March, 289th week of the war, 171st week of U.S. participation
- Added Title Some Facts About The U.S.S.R.
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, 205 E. 42nd Street, New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution. Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: New York, N.Y.Additional Info: Preparer and distributor
- Creation: 1945-03-26
- Digitized: 2006-04-25
- Content Description: Front: Text: Rhine bridgehead, Saar breakthrough, Berlin threat, Slow squeeze, Rich target, Principal port, "Jap Pittsburgh," Empire's heart. Maps: Bonn-Koblenz; Saarbrucken-Frankfurt; Stettin-Berlin; Danzig-Konigsberg; Kyushu; Kobe-Osaka; Nagoya; Tokyo. Back: Text, photographs, and illustrations highlight some facts about the U.S.S.R.
- Physical Description: 10 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; on sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Russia -- Pictorial works.
- Keyword: U.S.S.R.
- Keyword: Soviet Union
- Keyword: Stettin
- Keyword: Danzig
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Russia
- Start Date: 1945-03-13
- End Date: 1945-03-20
- Place Name: Germany - North Rhine-Westphalia - Köln National District - Bonn
- Place Name: Germany - Rhineland Palatinate - Koblenz National District - Koblenz
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: Germany - Saarland - Saarbrücken
- Place Name: Germany - Hesse - Darmstadt National District - Frankfurt am Main
- Place Name: Poland - Zachodniopomorskie Voivodship - Szczecin
- Place Name: Germany - Berlin - Berlin
- Place Name: Poland - Pomorskie Voivodship - Gdańsk
- Place Name: Germany - Bavaria - Unterfranken National District - Königsberg in Bayern
- Place Name: Europe
- Place Name: Africa
- Place Name: Middle East
- Place Name: Central Asia
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: South Asia
- Place Name: Japan - Kyūshū-chihō Region - Kyūshū Island
- Place Name: Japan - Kinki Region - Hyōgo Prefecture - Kobe
- Place Name: Japan - Kinki Region - Ōsaka Urban Prefecture - Ōsaka
- Place Name: Japan - Chubu Region - Aichi-ken Prefecture - Nagoya
- Place Name: Japan - Kanto Region - Tōkyō Metropolis - Tokyo
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 63118200
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:3/49
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc877
- Display Note: Front: "Volume III No. 49F" "Prepared from public sources of information." Back: "Volume III No. 49B" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 591000" Listed in 1945 Monthly Catalog, p. 811.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K