Collaborative Strategies for Digital Preservation of Newspapers Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Collaborative Strategies for Digital Preservation of Newspapers
Author: Halbert, MartinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Sponsor: University of MissouriContributor Type: Organization
Sponsor: Library of CongressContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2011-04-11
- Content Description: This presentation discusses collaborative strategies for the digital preservation of newspapers. The University of North Texas (UNT) Texas Digital Newspaper Program (TDNP), the MetaArchive Cooperative, and the Chronicles in Preservation Project are discussed with information on what they do, the importance of newspaper digitization projects, and how collaboration can further efforts in this area.
- Physical Description: 10 p.
- Keyword: digital newspapers
- Keyword: preservation
- Keyword: collaboration
- Keyword: Texas Digital Newspaper Program
- Keyword: MetaArchive Cooperative
- Keyword: Chronicles in Preservation
- Conference: Newspaper Archive Summit, 2011, Columbia, Missouri, United States
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87639
- Academic Department: Libraries