Fleas as Pests to Man and Animals, With Suggestions for Their Control. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Fleas as Pests to Man and Animals, With Suggestions for Their Control.
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Added Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture); no. 683
Author: Bishopp, F. C. (Fred Corry), 1884-1970Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Entomological Assistant, Southern Field Crop Insect Investigations."
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Contributor Type: Organization
Author: United States. Bureau of Entomology.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: "Contribution from the Bureau of Entomology."
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1915
- Content Description: "Fleas are of importance to main in two ways: First, as disease carriers and, second, as parasites or annoyers of man and animals.... In many instances they have been known to render houses uninhabitable for a time, and certain species cause considerable loss among poultry as well as annoyance to other animals." -- title page. This bulletin discusses the life cycle of the flea, its habits, its role as a carrier of bubonic plague, and the injuries it causes to domestic animals. Methods of destroying and controlling the flea are also discussed.
- Physical Description: 15 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fleas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fleas — Control.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fleas as carriers of disease.
- Keyword: arachnids
- Keyword: methods of pest control
- Keyword: parasites
- Keyword: bubonic plague
- Place Name: United States
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 15228053
- SuDoc Number: A 1.9:683
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87634
- Display Note: "November 8, 1915." -- title page