A Coaxial Static-Electromagnetic Velocity Spectrometer for HighEnergy Particles Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Coaxial Static-Electromagnetic Velocity Spectrometer for HighEnergy Particles
Author: Murray, Joseph J.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Lawrence Berkeley National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Berkeley, CaliforniaAdditional Info: "Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA (United States)"
- Creation: 1957-05-07
- Content Description: An apparatus is described in which crossed E and H fields will be used to separate high-energy charged particles of different masses. It is shown that use of coaxial geometry is expected to effect satisfactory separation within a considerably shorter system than would be possible in a parallel-plate system with a comparable separation criterion, A summary is given of the operational characteristics of a spectrometer now under construction.
- Keyword: Spectrometers
- Keyword: Charged Particles
- Keyword: Geometry
- Keyword: Construction
- STI Subject Categories: 72 Physics Of Elementary Particles And Fields
- Keyword: Velocity
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: UCRL--3492
- Grant Number: DE-AC02-05CH11231
- DOI: 10.2172/878128
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 878128
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc875800