Physiology and Regulation of Calcium Channels in Stomatal Guard Cells Page: 4 of 6
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Publications Supported by Department of Energy Grant DE-FG03-94-ER20148.
1. Kwak, J.M., Y. Murata, V. Baizabal-Aguirre, J. Merrill, M. Wang, A. Kemper, S.D.
Hawke, G. Tallman, and J.I. Schroeder. Dominant negative guard cell K* channel
mutants reduce inward rectifying K+ currents and light-induced stomatal opening in
Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 127: 473-485 (2001).
2. Buschmann, P.H., R. Vaidyanathan, W. Gassmann and Schroeder, J.I. Enhancement of
instantaneous Na uptake currents, of time-dependent inward-rectifying K* channel
currents and of a K+ channel transcript by K+ starvation in wheat root cells. Plant.
Physiol. 122:1387-1397 (2000).
3. Allen, G.J., J.M. Kwak, S.P. Chu, J. Llopis, R.Y. Tsien, J.F. Harper and J.I. Schroeder.
Cameleon calcium indicator reports cytoplasmic calcium dynamics in Arabidopsis guard
cells. Plant J. 19:735-738 (1999b).
4. Allen, G.J., K. Kuchitsu, S.P. Chu, Y. Murata and J.I. Schroeder. Arabidopsis abil and
abi2 phosphatase mutations reduce abscisic acid-induced cytosolic calcium rises in guard
cells. The Plant Cell 11:1780-1798 (1999a).
5. Pei, Z-M, Y. Murata, G. Benning, S. Thomine, B. Klusener, G.J. Allen, E. Grill and J.I.
Schroeder. Calcium channels activated by hydrogen peroxide mediate abscisic acid
signaling in guard cells. Nature 406:731-734 (2000).
6. Allen, G.J., S.P. Chu, K. Schumacher, C.T. Shimazaki, D. Vafeados, A. Kemper, S.D.
Hawke, G. Tallman, R.Y. Tsien, J.F. Harper, J. Chory and J.I. Schroeder. Alteration of
stimulus specific guard cell calcium oscillations and stomatal closing in Arabidopsis det3
mutant. Science 289: 2338-2342 (2000).
7. Schroeder, JI., J.M. Kwak and G.J. Allen. Guard cell abscisic acid signal transduction
network and engineering of plant drought hardiness. Nature 410:327-330 (2001).
8. Allen, G.J., S.P. Chu, C.L. Harrington, K. Schumacher, T. Hoffmann, Y.Y. Tang, E.
Grill and J.I. Schroeder. A defined range of guard cell calcium oscillation parameters
encodes stomatal movements. Nature. 411: 1053-1057 (2001a).
9. Schroeder, JI., G.J. Allen, V. Hugouvieux, J.M. Kwak and D. Waner. Guard cell signal
transduction. Annu. Rev. PL. Physiol. & P. Mol. Biol. 52: 627-658 (2001).
10. Hugouvieux, V. J.M. Kwak and J.I. Schroeder. An mRNA cap binding protein, ABH1,
modulates early abscisic acid signal transduction in Arabidopsis. Cell 106: 477-487
11. Allen, G.J. and J.I. Schroeder. Combining genetics and cell biology to crack the code of
plant cell calcium signaling. Science STKE
www.stke.org/cgi/content/full/OC sigtrans;2001/102/re13. (2001b).
12. Giraudat, J. and J.I. Schroeder. Cell signalling and gene regulation plant signal
transduction pathways: greying of the black boxes. Curr. Opin. P. Biol. 4:379-381
13. Murata, Y., Z-M. Pei, C. Mori and J. Schroeder. Abscisic acid activation of plasma
membrane Ca2 channels in guard cells requires cytosolic NAD(P)H and is differentially
disrupted upstream and downstream of reactive oxygen species production in abil-I and
abi2-1 protein phosphatase 2C mutants. Plant Cell 13:2513-2523 (2001).
14. Kuchitsu, K., J.M. Ward, G.J. Allen, I. Schelle and J.I. Schroeder. Loading
acetoxymethyl ester fluorescent dyes into the cytoplasm of Arabidopsis and Commelina
guard cells. New Phytol. 153:527-533 (2002).
15. Klusener, B., J.J. Young, Y. Murata, G.J. Allen, V. Hugouvieux, and J.I. Schroeder.
Convergence of calcium signaling pathways of pathogenic elicitors and ABA in
Arabidopsis guard cells. Plant Physiol. 130:2152-2163 (2002).
16. Allen, G.J., Y. Murata, S.P. Chu, M. Nafisi and J.I. Schroeder.
Hypersensitivity of abscisic acid-induced cytosolic calcium increases in Arabidopsis
farnesyltransferase mutant era]-2. Plant Cell 14: 1649-1662 (2002).
17. Beachy, R., J.L. Bennetzen, B.M. Chassy, M. Chrispeels, J. Chory. J.R. Ecker, J.P. Noel
S.A. Kay, C. Dean, C. Lamb, J. Jones, C.R. Santerre, J.I. Schroeder, J. Umen, M.
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Schroeder, Julian I. Physiology and Regulation of Calcium Channels in Stomatal Guard Cells, report, May 2, 2007; United States. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc875524/m1/4/: accessed December 14, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.