The Choice of Crops for Alkali Land Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Choice of Crops for Alkali Land
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Added Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture); no. 446
Author: Kearney, Thomas H. (Thomas Henry), 1874-1956Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Physiologist in Charge of Alkali and Drought Resistant Plant Breeding Investigations, Bureau of Plant Industry."
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1911
- Content Description: "The object of this bulletin is to bring to the attention of owners of alkali land the crop plants which are most likely to give satisfactory results. It can not be too emphatically stated that crop production on such soils is at best precarious. For this reason and because the alkali resistance of plants depends upon many varying conditions, it is impossible to offer more than suggestions as to what crops are best worth trying." -- p. 5-6. Topics discussed include the effects of alkali upon plant growth, plants well-adapted to alkaline soils, and alkali resistance in different types of plants.
- Physical Description: 32 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Alkali lands.
- Keyword: alkali resistance
- Keyword: effects of alkali on plants
- Keyword: alkaline soils
- Place Name: United States
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 15167143
- SuDoc Number: A 1.9:446
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87533
- Display Note: "Issued May 8, 1911." -- title page. Includes bibliographical references.