Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 290th week of the war, 172nd week of U.S. participation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 290th week of the war, 172nd week of U.S. participation
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 3, no. 50
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 2 April, 1945 : week of 20 March, to 27 March, 290th week of the war, 172nd week of U.S. participation
- Added Title Research and Development
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, 205 E. 42nd Street, New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution. Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: New York, N.Y.Additional Info: Preparer and distributor
- Creation: 1945-04-02
- Digitized: 2006-04-25
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: U.S. Fleet Active; Alies Race Through Reich - Soviets Strike Toward Austria Maps: Allies race through Reich--Soviets strike toward Austria [Germany], Pacific fleet action, Budapest to Vienna. Inset map: The Ruhr. Back: Color photograph of a flame-throwing tank is accompanied by text highlighting research and development to produce new weapons.
- Physical Description: 4 maps on 1 sheet : col. (b&w and blue) ; on sheet, 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Germany
- Start Date: 1945-03-20
- End Date: 1945-03-27
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: Hungary - Budapest County - Budapest
- Place Name: Austria - Vienna - Vienna
- Place Name: Germany - North Rhine-Westphalia - Ruhrgebiet General Region
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 60884826
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:3/50
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc875
- Display Note: Front: "Volume III No. 50F" "Prepared from public sources of information." Back: "Volume III No. 50B" "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944 - 591000" Listed in 1945 Monthly Catalog, p. 811.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K