Declaration of Governors for Conservation of Natural Resources Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Declaration of Governors for Conservation of Natural Resources
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Added Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture); no. 340
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Blanchard, Newton C. (Newton Crain), 1849-1922Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Governor of Louisiana
Author: Fort, J. Franklin (John Franklin), 1852-1920Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "John Franklin Fort"; Governor of New Jersey
Author: Davidson, James O., 1854-1922Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "J. O. Davidson"; Governor of Wisconsin
Author: Cutler, John C. (John Christopher), 1846-1928Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Governor of Utah
Author: Ansel, Martin F., 1850-1945Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Governor of South Carolina
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1908
- Content Description: "The Declaration of Governors contained in this bulletin was adopted by the conference of governors of the States and Territories called by the President to consider the conservation of our natural resources, and which met at the White house May 13, 14, and 15, 1908.... Papers which discussed the present state of our various natural resources were read by experts and specialists in each respective line, and these were followed by an open discussion among the governors of the points brought out. The conference then appointed a committee to draft a declaration, consisting of the following: Governor Newton C. Blanchard, of Louisisna; governor John Franklin Fort, of New Jersey; Governor J. O. Davidson, of Wisconsin; Governor John C. Cutler, of Utah, and governor Martin F. Ansel, of South Carolina. This committee prepared and submitted the declaration which follows, and it was unanimously adopted by the conference of governors as embodying their conclusion on the question of conservation." -- p. 5. The bulletin contains both the declaration and short introduction to it.
- Physical Description: 7 p. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Conservation of natural resources.
- Keyword: conferences
- Keyword: declarations
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Environmental policy.
- Start Date: 1908-05-13
- End Date: 1908-05-15
- Place Name: United States - Washington D.C.
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 15106183
- SuDoc Number: A 1.9:340
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87462
- Display Note: Issued 1908.